SDA Processing Plant, Nayarit, Mexico
The SDA Processing Plant is a permitted, fully operational flotation plant located in Nayarit State, Mexico
- The SDA Processing Plant (“SDA Plant”) is located 150 kilometers southeast of the city of Mazatlan near the town of Acaponeta, Nayarit. From Mazatlan, the plant is a 1.5 hour’s drive via a major paved highway. Ore transport, operating supplies and concentrate shipments are by truck. The plant is situated adjacent to the community of San Dieguito de Arriba where the majority of employees reside. Magellan purchased the SDA Plant and associated assets, licenses and agreements in November 2017 for a price of $1.5 million.
- The SDA Plant is a fully operational two stage differential flotation plant with a capacity of up to 150 tons per day.
- A laboratory that is part of the plant infrastructure is able to perform analysis using fire assay, and typical flotation metallurgical testing.
- The SDA Plant has a ten-year operating history. Historically, the plant’s operation has been supported with sales of lead/silver and zinc flotation concentrates to smelters for final refinement.
- Magellan Gold is currently analyzing the potential of constructing an oxide circuit as part of the current plant facilities. The oxide circuit would enable the treatment of almost all ores in the region.